Wednesday, July 1, 2009

CHEESY STUFF

Cheesy Stuff (s)
A literary thread made by Earvin Charles Cabalquinto


1. Cheese

Mortals have their own subtle ways of getting luck. Some eat mud to earn a title. Some cover their face with callousness to vouch for freedom. Some nurse dragons in their backyard to protect themselves from harm. Some enslave helpless creatures just to climb up in the ladder of power and fame. Yes. Mortals are exhibitionists. That’s because of a unique hunger for things sometimes complex than reality and obscure than perception. Put it this way, in a fantasy world where the stars fluently speak sex and the moon gloriously seduces the hiding sun, even Gods become blind and let worst nightmares make love with innocence.

Yes. I am not a pest. I am a rat. I hate cheese. I just hate it.

2. Werewolf In Freedom Avenue

Once upon a night, in a filthy corner of FREEDOM Avenue, I found a bathtub covered with blood pulled over by a noisy truck. A man followed with a broken trumpet and a face covered with an angelic mask. Next thing, a naked lady carrying white flowers disturbed the dark streets. Soon, the police came by. The rickety house in the corner of FREEDOM Avenue was attacked. An old man was wearing a werewolf's head. It was not a crime. It was a fore play.

3. Puffery 
I puff until the sun shows up. I sip until the water in my eyes run dry. I sit until my heart’s got numb. I watch the clock dance until the dawn. My hills are insomniac. Men are maniac. I am Margarita.

4. Big Bang Theory 
At 12 midnight, I heard a raging horse, a screaming lady and an angry moon. I was callous on my bed. The next day, I smelled the freshly-baked pie from the neighbor, the sweet caress of the roses, and the hailing spank of one big trash bag. I was numb. Two days after, I stepped on a cheese cake covered with maggots. My taste buds drooled. My stomach turned upside down. Two days ago, our neighbor drank blood as a wine. Our neighbor found her horse kissing a girl. That completes the puzzle. “Bang,” the sound that made all the maggots loved our neighborhood.

5. Solitude 
She was munching a bowl of popcorn while hugging her pillow. A thunder peeped at her window. That caught her attention. A light sparkled on her eyes. Power was amassed. Coldness stepped in. A shadow waved at her. She was possessed. She knew her hero will come. Sadly, it was a woman wearing a well-ironed white uniform who embraced her. She was a victim.

6. Fandom 
 
The camera loves me. The people idolized my grace and composure. Everyone applauds my totality and triumphs. I inhale glamour. Yet, at as the sun bids goodbye and the bountiful clouds cry hard, I am imprisoned in a circus of vulnerabilities. I remorse facing the mirror for I see ghosts pulling my hair, sucking my soul, slapping my face, and putting me in pink caskets. I am powerfully superficial.

7. Circus
 
 As the moon kisses the sea, a breeze of hope pats my back. I was here. They were there. I will always be here. No matter how I dream of happiness in a glorious paradise, I shoulder the tears and smiles scattered on the floor. I do not have a voice. I live with waves and frequent visits of storms.

I am a fish. I swim to survive. And how I wish I could also conquer the forests and mountains which other beasts have turned into a sea of circus and drowning oddity.

8 comments:

  1. your a real poet, earvs. i don't know if i understand all of it, the way you meant it. but your words are piercing. i can relate btw with fandom and circus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi earvs, you're a real poet. i dont know if understand all of it the way you meant it. but every word is definitely piercing. i can relate to fandom and circus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ces!!!! Thanks for the comment! Ang pinakagusto ko dyan yung "Circus." We are like fishes drowned in a mad world. Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hihirit ako...

    The farmer in the dell
    The farmer in the dell
    Hi-ho, the derry-o
    The farmer in the dell
    The farmer takes a wife
    The farmer takes a wife
    Hi-ho, the derry-o
    The farmer takes a wife

    and we go round and round until...

    The cheese stands alone
    The cheese stands alone
    Hi-ho, the derry-o
    The cheese stands alone

    I AM THE CHEESE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apes!!!! This is so cool! Grabe na!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha. Naaalala ko nung kaka break lang namin nung ex ko bago naging kami ni Mario.

    Yan talaga yung hirit ko.

    I am the cheese!

    Sabi mo kasi cheesy stuffs. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure if my comment got through. Wifi kasi.

    Anyway, sabi mo kasi cheesy eh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaha! Cheesyyyyy nga! Hehehehe!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis