Tuesday, September 28, 2010

EXPLOSIVE ENCOUNTER: WEDDING BELLS, RINGING!


 Hosting events ranging from as simple as birthdays to mall shows never fail to excite me. As a very talkative and energetic person, hosting definitely compliments my loud personality. Good thing, God always showers me with some activities that match my knack on entertaining people. Do I hear the wedding bells, ringing? Say hello to hosting a wedding!


Last Sunday, I got a hosting stint in my friend's wedding. It was a sudden invitation as prior to the wedding, there was no host yet. And so, with Faridah, my friend, knowing that I host events, called me up, asked me to meet the Bride and Groom on a Friday night and hosted the celebration on a Sunday night.

The wedding was held at Polo Club, Jerudong. Based on what I saw, the wedding was costly. The setup was enchanting. There were braided flowers in arches. The stage was designed with a backdrop with the couple's sweet photo on it. On top of it, aside from the delicious food, the place articulated sophistication!

At the venue, while waiting for the ceremony to end, Faridah with her husband and I stayed in one of the VIP rooms. We had some drinks to relax our "soon-to-be-ngarag" drive! 

The room was simply regal; there were picture frames with His Majesty and his foreign guests, glass sculptures of horses, and a lot of royal stuff!

My friend Faridah designed the gown of the bride named Grace. There were two gowns - one for the ceremony and one for the celebration. She also designed the white coat and tie of the groom. On top of that, Faridah made the bible holder, the cord pad, and a lot more. 

As we all know, I'm used to hosting big events (already) because of the exposure and training I got from the past years. However, I do believe that a lack of a clear outline of a program can put even the best host in total wreck. Plus, there was no organizer to assist the needs on the activities of the program. Thankfully, in my case, with the help of Faridah and some relatives of the Bride, I was able to throw a marvelous and uber entertaining program.

Despite the rough start of the program, the people enjoyed my hosting especially during the bouquet pass ala trip-to-Jerusalem, the garter toss and the matchmaking that ended up in sealing with a kiss from the couple. Some commented that I was a total package because I also sang a portion of a song. Some mistaken me for working in a television show. And the most flattering part, they were impressed with my confidence and presence na para daw akong host sa Pinas (perhaps I mixed Tagalog and English as requested). Okay, masyado na akong mayabang but I'm just proud to share my experience.

I enjoyed hosting the night. The players of the bouquet pass were so game, and the guys too in the garter game. Most of all, Jun and Grace, the couple, were so easy to talk with and were very cheerful and appreciative.
Me with Jun and Grace
Wacky Shot with the Couple!

After a two-hour program packed with entertainment from the relatives of the bride and groom, plus the exciting activities topped with big laughs and applause from the guests, I capped off the night by asking the couple to seal the night with a long and sweet kiss. Again, that moment was applauded.

Guess what, apart from the "you know," I got a paper weight - the couple's souvenir! Lovely!
Best Wishes to Jun and Grace! Paaaaaaak! =)


NEWS FLASH!

VOTE FOR MY BLOG ENTRY! VOTE FOR #22!

I AM INVITING EVERYONE TO VOTE FOR MY BLOG ENTRY TITLED "THE [BITTER] SWEET LIFE ABROAD." SIMPLY CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW AND VOTE FOR #22!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! =)

4 comments:

  1. Keep it up and goodluck for more future hosting! The best thing is that you can host as well as sing. Much more entertaining since other hosts cannot sing. Lol. Faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faith!!!!! Thanks thanks! Si Faridah ang nagrecommend sa akin! Katuwa nga yung wedding. Nagenjoy din ako Miss ka namin grabe! Basta pagdating mo October, gala tayo. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again Earvs, please check the link here to your PEBA entry. Heto po ang lumalabas na link: http://www.http.com//earvilicious.blogspot.com/2010/09/explosive-encounter-bitter-sweet-life.html. I think it's not the link to your PEBA entry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nortehanon! Thanks! I just fixed it! Super super thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis