Sunday, October 24, 2010

EXPLOSIVE ENCOUNTER: PARTYING WITH PROFESSORS!

Saturday Night, my former professor Ma’am Betsy invited me to her birthday party. Actually, she already invited me two days prior to her celebration. So with nothing to do on a Saturday night as I was maximizing my “free” days before the semester begins, I gave in to the call of, what else, partying.
The night when Ma'am and I recorded the her listening Exam for her students
I was excited to go to a party. Not only because I know that it’s a simple and intimate gather, what made me excited was the fact of getting a sneak peak to UBD Professor’s life. Yes, most of the visitors who came were professors from different fields of expertise. While most of them came from the Language Centre, where my former professor is currently employed teaching, some teaches educational management, chemistry and Philosophy. Given the variety of personalities and their background, I really enjoyed the night.
Ate Erna wearing a gray shirt!

The evening was packed with scrumptious food. To say that the dishes were delicious was an understatement. Prepared by Ate Erna and her assistant (who I forgot the name, pardon me!), my appetite was so enthralled to bits. With my short conversation with Ate Erna, she said that she learned all the fabulous cuisine from her former employer, a Chinese. Now that she’s living with the Brown Family, I guess, she’s definitely a big catch or treasure to keep.
Tita and Ma'am goofing around as they open the cake from Saffron!
Kulitan with Ma'am! =)
The wealth of cuisine had a variety. We had veggies, lumpia (Filipino Style), Qish, chicken macaroni salad, steamed fish, pansit (Filipino style), salad, and a lot more.  I tell you, my eyes popped out thinking that we have a set of meal that’s enough to feed almost 30 people. Guess how many we were? We’re 12!

Qish!

Steamed Fish, my fave!

Pansit, macaroni salad and lumpia!

Salad!

Chicken!

Veggies!

Ma'am Betsy and her fooooood!
Prayer before meal

UBD's finest, including me? (wishing) =)
The Brown's residence was very cozy and spacious. Tita Ming and her husband Tito Des own the big house. For everyone's information, this is the type of housing that UBD provides for its Staff and Educators. By the look of it, the University really takes care of their people.

As I walked around, I felt very at home. The ceiling was high and the interior was well-lighted. I also loved the wooden stairs, doors and fixtures! With that, my emotions led me to ponder on my dream home! (feeling lang naman!)

Setting up the magic sing
Living room

Hallway on the first floor.

The stairs going to the second floor with some child-friendly mini gate

The wooden door! This reminds me of our door in the Philippines!
This is the birthday cake from Saffron. Frankly, I loved this cake. It’s moist enough and the icing was just right. I also liked its sweetness, not too much, but just simply right. As I attempted to get my second slice, I was stopped. That’s because another sweet delight came over on the dining table. Say hello to the homemade Oreo flavored Ice Cream Cake! Goooooood, my diet was totally smashed to total wreck! They also served a homemade mango float which I didn't have the chance to try on. Super busog na!
cake from Saffron!
The homemade ice cream cake!
Mango Float!

Well, look what I found? A visitor came with a Tiger Bear. But knowing that I don’t drink, I didn’t dare to give in. I also didn’t try the red wine. Boooooo, me!


It was a night of clean fun (which I always look at parties I attend) and music. The entertainer in me was just unstoppable that night. Thanks to Tita Ming’s Magic Sing, I get to hold on again to my favorite microphone and (what else) sang to my heart’s content. However, this time, I gave the “stage” or “spotlight” to Ma’am Betsy’s guests.

As I started to spice up the evening with some mellow songs, soon, the guests took center stage and started hitting vivacious songs. Deborah had her piece of MJ songs. Ma’am Betsy sang three lovely songs (no practice, FYI!). The guys sang some love songs. I shared my signature party songs like Celebration, September and Let’s Groove. And as I sang the song Achy Breaky Heart, Tita Ming got everyone out of their comfort zone and did some line dance. In the end, before everyone left, I put on the song Lambada and asked all the guests to enjoy their 3 seconds of fame by letting them dance in the middle of the circle formation we had.




Prior to the dancing and singing, a short chit chat among the guests spruced up my night. I must say, it’s one of those rare and hard-to-find sensible conversations I encounter everyday, and so I listen hard. While everyone was relaxing after “devouring” the dishes on the dining table, the topic on where the world is heading 5 years from now surfaced. With intellectuals on board, discussion on media dependence was also tackled. I was hooked. I said to myself, yey, an empowering talk! On one hand, the guests shared their insights on how to contribute in developing UBD in the future.

The party ended at around 12 midnight. As usual, I brought home some tapao or pabaon. Not only my stomach was soooooooo full, my heart was delighted to meet and interact with people of great and noble perspective in life.

Thank you Ma’am Betsy! Til our next parteeeeee! =)
  
NEWS FLASH!

VOTE FOR MY BLOG ENTRY! VOTE FOR #22!

I AM INVITING EVERYONE TO VOTE FOR MY BLOG ENTRY TITLED "THE [BITTER] SWEET LIFE ABROAD," AN ARTICLE THAT COMPARES OVERSEAS LIFE WITH THE SWEETNESS OF A CHOCOLATE. SIMPLY CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW AND VOTE FOR #22, RATED E!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis