Monday, October 18, 2010

EXPLOSIVE ENCOUNTER: TWISTS!

I am a super Jollibee Fan. However, in some situations, I also visit and buy products from Jollibee's direct competitor, McDonalds. And just recently, I heard that the ever popular and yummylicious fattening Twister Fries is back. Since I'm in Brunei, I can't get a hold of that glorious offer from McDonalds. Moreover, there's only ONE McDonalds in Brunei. Too bad for OFWs like me, right?

Plus, I heard, you can upgrade your regular fries and drinks into Twister fries and A Coke Float. That's what I call a heavenly PIG out value meal!

Photos courtesy of http://theblackfedorablog.com/





....

The word twister is somewhat related to my entry. Well, not actually totally related to my whole entry. But I feel that the word "Twist" could somehow explain what I observe for the past weeks.

My observation is, I am surrounded with people who have TWISTED MINDS. Nakakaloka!








....

Again, twisted. Over the past days, I just realized that some people are simply twisted with the way they act and think, with the way they project and build their image, with the way they liberate their emotions and whatnot. However, I just don't get the "contrasts" in between. Well, at this point, as mature individuals, understanding topped with patience is a virtue.








....

A positive twist in life is what I'm wishing to happen anytime. I just have to eat, pray and SUBMIT. And oh, I better not forget to EXERCISE. Hello hello HEALTHY body this summer!











....

Finally, a new twist comes in Brunei. There is a new mall in Brunei called Times Square. I must say, it gives you a different (a bit) feel of a shopping experience. Should I compare this to shopping malls in the Philippines, I can say that better not do the comparison.

Moving on, while most of its shops are still closed, you can now enjoy the ambiance of the two-floor shopping complex. For Brunei, I consider it as a deviation from the ordinary mall set-up. Seriously, congratulations!

PLUS POINTS: 
- It's near Brunei Airport.
- A Hotel is built beside it.
- Has a modern feel.
- A bit classy and spacious


NOT SO HAPPY POINTS: 

- Far from Business Centre and People Places
- Smaller compared to the Main Mall.
- Few Open Shops (Give it a time, though).
- Few shopping options.

Now, let me take you for a short tour. Here is one of the entrance to the mall.  The ceiling is kinda low compared to my expectations of having high ceilings designed with robust neon colours. Sorry but I kinda miss SM Malls!
Here is a hallway. There's no shoppers yet because we arrived an hour earlier prior to its opening.


 There is an open area where mall shows can be held. Speaking of a mall show, an ocular inspection for a road show for our client was the main reason why I was given the opportunity to check Times Square.

Well lighted ceilings can be found. I must say, it's simple and clean. Soon, expect banners and hanging things to pop out as the mall gets in full operation. I just wish the developers added some bright neon candy colors to make impact.

The floor tiles are shiny which kinda gives you a feel of SM Malls. Some shops are designed with glass shelves.

Finally, a side-by-side escalator. Normally, in Brunei's Malls, they have the escalator either apart or placed on different ends! So, with a side-by-side escalator, you can now flirt enjoy as you go up and down!

A grocery section is situated at the ground floor.


Interestingly, there's a breastfeeding section. Take note that breast feeding is still best for babies! Do I hear grown ups? NOT! I just find weird that the Breast Feeding Section is near the toilet!







There's Lof, a bread shop! Thanks to Celynn, I got to taste the Chicken Curry Puff. I loved the spicy-ness!


In the next floor, there's a food court and an appliance store.




Here are some big toys that the kids can enjoy.


Look, there's a shop for Plus Size Girls! Cool!

The railings are made of glass, something that gives a modern touch!

There's also a home gallery and a super save store. I haven't seen much but it looks promising!

Some beauty shops are also found.


There's QQE Store, a gadget shop!


And of course, I won't say my trip to mall is enjoyable not until I find a bookshop. Yes, there is a bookshop! Thanks to Best Eastern Bookstore. =)





NEWS FLASH!


VOTE FOR MY BLOG ENTRY! VOTE FOR #22!

I AM INVITING EVERYONE TO VOTE FOR MY BLOG ENTRY TITLED "THE [BITTER] SWEET LIFE ABROAD," A COMPOSITION THAT COMPARES OVERSEAS LIFE WITH THE SWEETNESS OF CHOCOLATES. SIMPLY CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW AND VOTE FOR #22!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis