Wednesday, November 10, 2010

EXPLOSIVE ENCOUNTER: IT'S OFFICIAL!

Yes, my dear readers, school sem has officially started. As you all know, I initially planned to take one subject, that is DEVC204: Communication Research and Evaluation. Apparently, the enrollment was extended and another subject was offered, DEVC 263: Communication of Scientific and Technical Information. So, since I'm graduating next sem and I want to focus on my Thesis or Special Problem, I enrolled in DEVC263. Truth is, I am overwhelmed with the weight of requirements I had to complete and submit. 

Despite the magnitude of all researches to do, I am a bit excited for this semester. And that roots from different reasons. First, I can polish my research skills. Second, I get to be busy and trash away homesickness. Third, I am graduating after this sem. Fourth, I hope to teach, soon. Fifth, I am looking forward to meeting new friends through virtual class. On top of that, this is the stage in my academic sojourn to finally contribute a study or research in the field of communication.

Perhaps you may be wondering, how's my SAVEVIVOR Challenge, dare to Save and Survive. Believe it or not, I'm still in control. With BND66.60 left, for the past days, I spent for as low as BND8.70. I didn't spend any dollar last Monday and Tuesday. I just spent yesterday for my lunch and a loaf of bread for my daily breakfast. Now, I'm left with BND57.90. Great.

If there's anything I learn for the past days of doing the challenge, it's about tightening one's pocket especially in times of survival. I am not only propelled to cook lunch or think of eating healthy by not purchasing after-meal sweets, I am also enlightened with the value of saving in preparation for something big and rewarding. How did this happen? Well, the money I saved a few dollars for Monday and Tuesday and that was carried over on Wednesday. As a result, I was able to purchase a healthy and hefty meal. That's the reward, thank God!

I know that things have just got a bit stressful with the opening of school. Seriously, thinking of a research topic has been bugging me, a lot. To combat this, I consistently read a lot of books on theories, mass media and development communication. Hopefully, by next week, I can start plotting the crazy ideas I have in mind. Talo ko pa ang buntis sa morning sickness. At ang utak ko, parang constipated. I just have to endure the craziness that comes along with research work.

Additionally, there's a bit of pressure for me right now. That is, I have to maintain mg GWA, General Weighted Averag, if I want to qualify for any future International Study overseas or perhaps proceed in a Phd. However, to make things tolerable, I keep up by praying hard, chatting with my family to unwind, attend choir, go out with friends (sometimes), and believe that I can conquer this battle.Walang imposible basta kasama si Lord at ang pamilya. Isama mo na rin ang balde-baldeng sipag at tiyaga.

Having said how school work is affecting me mentally, of course not to the verge of collapse but more on being challenged, I realize the importance of relaxation. Yes, I need that. So, I am giving in for some leisure time at the end of the week. My friend has a plan and I'm jumping in on that good time.

In my other subject, my professor is waiving the assignments, mid-term and final exam in exchange of a critique which now comprises 60% of our final grade. I don't know if I should be happy with that. But honestly, as long as I improve my skills and harness my knowledge, the only way to go is UP!

Speaking of bringing myself to the next level, I like the video which my professor asked me to watch. The 1 hour and 33 minute masterpiece is titled "Home." You can watch it in you Youtube. The video is about how the world has been altered and changed for the past 200 years by us, humand. Specifically, packed with rousing and impressive cinematography that paints the world in its beauty and wrath, the video chronicles the accuracy of how the earth evolves from the pre-machine, agricultural, industrial and turbo-industrial society brought about by human misconception of progress or development. Bottom line, we have to do something for the Earth before possible extinction comes.

On a scientific note, the visual components articulates the concepts of "links" among all living things that create the balance in the earth. We, humans, as part of the chain, has become abusive of the Earth's energy. In this context, overpopulation and industrialization have led to a great divide between the rich and the poor; have created famine and extreme poverty; a wealth of piling environmental degradation problems; and may be weighed as a root in an apocalyptic end of humanity. With this, I suggest, you really have to watch the video.

Now that the sem has officially started, expect that I'll just try my best to update, you, my dear readers. I hope, with my busy schedule ahead, I may post entries which I think beneficial for everyone. I'll try my best to update this blog from time to time.

One word to say my nights: BUSY and SLEEPLESS 

Things to look forward after this sem:
1. One sem to go before graduation.
2. Summer Vacation in the Philippines
3. Family Outing
4. Bonding with friends in the Philippines
5. OU's Grand Kita Kits!


Need I ask more for inspiration? Fight!

NEWS FLASH!

VOTING IS EXTENDED UNTIL DECEMBER 9!

VOTE FOR MY BLOG ENTRY! VOTE FOR #22!

I AM INVITING EVERYONE TO VOTE FOR MY BLOG ENTRY TITLED "THE [BITTER] SWEET LIFE ABROAD," AN ARTICLE THAT COMPARES OVERSEAS LIFE WITH THE SWEETNESS OF A CHOCOLATE. SIMPLY CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW AND VOTE FOR #22, RATED E!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! =)



ISANG HIRIT PA!


IF YOU HAVE A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT, SIMPLY CLICK AND LIKE 'PEBA'S HOMEPAGE' AND YOU CAN 'LIKE'  AND 'COMMENT' ON MY SCREEN SHOT.


DEADLINE IS ON 15 DECEMBER 2010!


MARAMING MARAMING SALAMAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis