Monday, November 8, 2010

EXPLOSIVE ENCOUNTER: SAVEVIVOR - FREE FOOD!

SAVEVIVOR, Dare to Save and Survive is back! With all my expenses for the past days, I really hope I can survive this 30-day money-saving challenge.

PREVIOUS MONEY: 124.10






EXPENSES OVER THE WEEKEND:

BND5.00 - TOP UP (Mobile Phone Load)
BND 5.00 - Dinner: Mixed Veggies
BND47.45 - (Grocery) Fish and chicken to last for two weeks, 2Kgs of Brown Rice, Tissue Paper, Egg, Powdered Milk, Kernel Corn and wholemeal slice bread

MONEY LEFT: BND66.65

Given such amount left, I think, I will be seeking some financial aid soon. LOL!
Apparently, if there's anything I learned from my expenses for the past days, that is FRIENDS are GOD's BLESSINGS! They are not only there to treat you with so much happiness, but they're also there to stand beside you as family.  And just this weekend, I am not only able to save a few dollars because of their treats, but I also enjoyed yummy food and incomparable fun!

Saturday. Celynn, my office mate, celebrated her birthday. As our surprise, the company bought pizza and cake. Because of that, I didn't spend for lunch.


At night, Ma'am Betsy treated me for a dessert. We availed the buy one take one cake promotion at Rizqun. We also had jasmine tea.
Carrot Cake
Jasmine Tea
Sunday, my supah friend Faith treated me, Elna, Lisa and Kuya Rhenee for a breakfast at Empire Hotel and country club.

Let's take a short tour.
This is where we ate.

High and gold plated ceiling!

Gold plated pillar.

Elegant receiving area set.
 MY SUPAH FRIEND!
Me, Lisa and Kuya Rhenee!

Lisa, Elna and me!
Faith is in the middle!
The food set up was just mouthwatering and... tempting. Sa dami ng pagkain, parang ang hirap pumili!






 My fooooooood! Kinalimutan ko talaga ang diet ko. It's my first time to eat in this posh hotel!

Sausage, corned beef, veggies, fried rice and chicken.



 More than the food, I love the good times with my dear friend Faith which started and capped off with hearty chit chats and big laughter!

feeling singer!
Samson and Delilah Version!
On the side, we had a snapshot with some of the members of the Philippine Basketball team called Philippine Patriots who were in Brunei to play and compete. Sa tangkad nila, ni hindi man lang ako umabot sa balikat.
Interestingly, there was a set-up at Empire that features its future renovation plan.I just adore the optical illusions made by the free flowing curves.
Bottom line, my weekend was sooooo packed with treats from friends. I guess, this may cover up for the pricey cost of grocery I had. I am positive that the grocery I got will last me for two weeks. Hopefully!

Thank you Lord for the blessing! Can't ask for more. 

NEWS FLASH!

VOTING IS EXTENDED UNTIL DECEMBER 9!

VOTE FOR MY BLOG ENTRY! VOTE FOR #22!

I AM INVITING EVERYONE TO VOTE FOR MY BLOG ENTRY TITLED "THE [BITTER] SWEET LIFE ABROAD," AN ARTICLE THAT COMPARES OVERSEAS LIFE WITH THE SWEETNESS OF A CHOCOLATE. SIMPLY CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW AND VOTE FOR #22, RATED E!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis