Tuesday, November 2, 2010

EXPLOSIVE ENCOUNTER: SAVEVIVOR SERIES


Today is the third day of my SAVEVIVOR Series, Dare to Save and Survive. Prior to the official start of my 30-day money-saving challenge, I was left with 159 dollars which I hope to sustain until the end of the month.

On the first day, I spent BND1.30 for candles and BND0.80 for a Nagaraya snack. So now, I'm only left with BND156.90.

Yesterday was the second day of the challenge.Since I didn't and was so lazy to prepare my dinner, I asked our office assistant, who sends me home everyday, to pass by Pasar Gadong. I bought my yummylicious dinner!

Pasar Gadong is a market in Brunei. It is is where you can find fresh fruits, vegetables and fishes. You can also find authentic Bruneian meals at rock-bottom prices.


Speaking of budget-friendly products, I was able to buy a Nasilemak, a Bruneian style binalot, a potato roll for snacks, and pansit bihon. All of these for the price of three dollars.

Potato rolls and lumpia!
In total, my current money now is BND153.90. And today, I have to eat outside, buy some moisturizer, and get a gift for my supah friend Lisa. Yes, I am invited to attend  Lisa's parteeee tonight. Now, I'm put to the challenge of spending less than BND20.00. I hope I can budget my money properly. No more, no less!

...

Yesterday, most of my Bruneian friends in Twitter were talking about a suicide attempt of a 14-year old girl. The girl attempted to jump from a building. Thankfully, with proper negotiation, the girl was saved. 

While most of the tweets said that depression was the reason behind the girl's emotional outburst, the girls wanting to get marry at age 14 was the other rumored reason.


....

As I observe, for the past days that despite eating two slices of Gardenia Bread for breakfast, apparently, I still feel hungry. My stomach keeps grumbling, seriously! Does this mean I have to switch back to my favorite wholemeal bread from Lof? I think, I should.


....

I already received my books and modules from OU. This semester, I am taking up DEVC204: Communication Research and DEVC263: Communication of Scientific and Technical Information. Since I enrolled late for DEVC263, the course materials will be emailed next week, hopefully.

When I opened my DEVC204 course materials, seriously, I was shocked. Not that I fear doing research but the statistics, formulas and numbers kinda gave me  a fright. Positively, as I browsed the pages and with my former professors encouraging words, I composed myself and believed that I will be able to conquer the subject. I just have to do some extra reading and do more research to survive. On a different note, I enjoyed statistics when I was in highschool. =)

With the tons of paperworks, deadline to beat and the reality that I'm a sem away from graduating, I have to focus more and manage my time. As my friends say, unting tiyaga na lang at graduate na. But for now, I have to think first of a topic that I will be interested to develop and research. Help me, God!

....


Desperate Housewives Season 7 has started. Vanessa Williams is the newest addition to the league of feisty housewives. And I must say, I love her presence in the series. Although I can still associate Vanessa William's acting to Wilhomina Slater, her former character in the now defunct show Ugly Betty, still, she delivers well. I just love the way she projects as a villain, very convincing and ferocious!


Vanessa Wiliams plays the role of Renee Perry, the old college pal of Lynette (Felicity Huffman). She comes over to Wisteria Lane not only to reconnect with Lynette but to start over her life after a divorce to her husband, a professional baseball player.







NEWS FLASH!
 
VOTING IS EXTENDED UNTIL DECEMBER 9!
 

VOTE FOR MY BLOG ENTRY! VOTE FOR #22!

I AM INVITING EVERYONE TO VOTE FOR MY BLOG ENTRY TITLED "THE [BITTER] SWEET LIFE ABROAD," AN ARTICLE THAT COMPARES OVERSEAS LIFE WITH THE SWEETNESS OF A CHOCOLATE. SIMPLY CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW AND VOTE FOR #22, RATED E!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis