Wednesday, November 3, 2010

EXPLOSIVE ENCOUNTER: SAVEVIVOR SERIES - LAGOT!

I call this entry as "Lagot" because I spent a lot yesterday. As you all know, I have committed myself to a 30-day money-saving challenge called SAVEVIVOR, Dare to Save and Survive. Obviously, I'm beginning to show some symptoms of exceeding from a budget, a bit? Waaaaaah!

Yesterday, I had BND20.00 in my wallet. In total money left, BND153.90 as of yesterday. Apparently, today, after yesterday's spending, I'm left with BND135.60. Should I divide BND135.60 for the next 27 days (31 days minus 4), I am allowed to spend BND5.00 a day. Well, not bad! I think, it's still manageable.

Yesterday, I didn't spend just to fill in some 'wants.' In fact, I must say, I was thrifty and practical. So, it's not a LAGOT episode afterall!

I spent a total of BND18.30 yesterday. I had BND7.50 for my lunch - mix veggies with rice and a Tea C Special. I bought a Nivea Moisturizer at BND7.30 (kinda pricey, I know). I also bought a pack of Mentos candy to pacify my afternoon sweets cravings. The candy priced at BND1.00. And lastly, as promised in my blog, I switched back to Lof's Wholemeal Bread. I got the whole loaf for BND2.50

Yesterday was just fun for my SAVEVIVOR episode. Thinking to spend smartly and save was very automatic. Although there were temptations that I didn't resist such as buying a Tea C Special instead of just ordering a Free Cold Glass of Water or perhaps buying a cheaper moisturizer or a cheap bread, nevertheless, I worked on a budget of less BND20.00
Tea C Special, my fave!
Unfortunately, I was about to attend a party of my friend Lisa yesterday but I didn't make it. I also wasn't able to get a gift. I was almost broke (with SAVEVIVOR's limited budget per day policy).

Truth is, apart from the lack of time to get a gift, I had no transportation to go to Lisa's parteeee. Actually, my officemate informed me that I can borrow the company car at around 7:30. It was a blessing but call it a bad luck, my officemate accidentally locked the car key inside our office. The office key was with our boss. So, that's the story. I had no choice but to stay in the house and just finish some jobs and school works. 

Actually, I'm planning to purchase  a car. But what's stopping me is my temporary stay in Brunei. Plus, since I can use the company car in some of my itineraries, better just save the money for more investments in the Philippines. Another thing, I don't go out everyday. I live with simple joys and my solitude. I'm happy by just staying in my room, watching a flick or reading some books. And now that my semester is on, more readings to digest will definitely preoccupy my precious time.
Going back to my Savevivor experience, I had the chance to control my shopping whims, at least. I passed by to the nearest Body Shop outlet. Then I tried this new cologne for men. As much as I wanted to purchase it, I didn't. Why? It helped that I didn't have money in my money. So, I just enjoyed the scent from the free testing.
Body Shop!
The cologne that I like is on the second level of the rack, left hand. Guess the price, BND42.50!
Another inspiring lesson of my money-saving challenge is learning to improvise and think twice (as many if you can). I was at Lof yesterday when the newly-baked and uber-appetizing Quiche caught my hungry tummy's desperate attention.
Lof!
Yummy bread!

Interior
Holding the wholemeal bread, I was about to get two pieces of Quiche. Apparently, with a few dollars left in my wallet and the thought that I still have extra bread in the house and some cheese, I ignored the Quiche and headed to the counter. While paying, I directed my craving to making a cheese bread in the house. Yummy!

The wholemeal bread!

The counter
As I left the bakeshop, I felt overjoyed with such simple money-saving and practical move. I said to myself, I have to stretch my money for the next 27 days! Whew!

....

Yesterday, I started to browse the assigned book for DEVC204: Communication Research. While I was reading the book, the deadline of the research proposal popped out. I realized that I have a month left to make my proposal. Waaaaaah!

As I weigh my subjects this sem, I better prepare myself for more sleepless nights. Di bale, unting tiyaga na lang, graduate na! And it's time for a better or even best change. I know God will always be here with me, to guide and help me. Amen!

NEWS FLASH!

VOTING IS EXTENDED UNTIL DECEMBER 9!

VOTE FOR MY BLOG ENTRY! VOTE FOR #22!

I AM INVITING EVERYONE TO VOTE FOR MY BLOG ENTRY TITLED "THE [BITTER] SWEET LIFE ABROAD," AN ARTICLE THAT COMPARES OVERSEAS LIFE WITH THE SWEETNESS OF A CHOCOLATE. SIMPLY CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW AND VOTE FOR #22, RATED E!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis