Thursday, November 4, 2010

EXPLOSIVE ENCOUNTER: SAVEVIVOR SERIES - UMBILABOL!

Nagbabalik ang SAVEVIVOR Series, Dare to Save and Survive.

With only BND135. 60 left in my budget for the month of November, I am allowed to spend BND5.00 per day. No more, no less more!

Unbelievably, I only spent BND2.50 yesterday. How did that happen? I had a packed lunch! Since I craved for a dimsum, I went to Foodzone, located at the first floor of our office building, and bought one set. I paid BND2.50.

So today, since I saved BND2.50 from yesterday, I am allowed to spend to a maximum of BND7.50. While I'm writing this, I'm now craving for some refreshing drink and mango chicken rice? Let's see, and taste.

If there's anything I learned from yesterdays' SAVEVIVOR quest, that is bringing a packed food for lunch is not only healthy because I get to veer away from the salty and high-in-MSG dishes of some restaurants, but it's also money-saving and practical at these times.

You might be wondering, what if you don't know how to cook? That's not a problem. With time management and some interest in cooking topped with a firm objective to save money, you can push yourself in the kitchen, unleash you culinary skills with either some help from a cook book or a friend, and pack your dish toward achieving a healthy and practical lifestyle. Plus, looking at Brunei's cost of food, it is best to bring your own lunch and enjoy it.

On one hand, I would like to share a money-saving tip from my friend VLAD. Sabi ni Vlad, "Always eat before going to the grocery. It will stop you from impulse buying on food / tsitsirya kasi you will not be craving that much." I couldn't agree more on this tip. Honestly, going for shopping or grocery with an empty stomach could put your spending appetite at an uncontrollable phase. Tendency is, because you are hungry, you tend to grab everything that seems to be an eye-candy and a must-have or must-taste. Unfortunately, after filling in your hunger, you will realize that a lot from what you just bought are not 'needs' but mere spur-of-the-moment 'wants.'For that, thanks to Vlad for the SAVEVIVOR TIP!

So, do you have any SAVEVIVOR Tip for OFWs? Share it here, now na!

SAVEVIVOR TIP TO PONDER:

"It's not how much you earn but how much you save that counts!"

....
LOVE RADIO
As you all know, I purchased a B-Mobile Zoom last month. It's a wireless internet connection which I purchased for BND100. I topped it up with a BND20.00 credit which lasts for 9 days.

Yesterday, my heart jumped for joy because I was able to connect to an online radio station. Surfing the net, I ended up in radiotime.com. It's a website that has the radio stations all over the world. 
After clicking the country Philippines, various radio stations popped out. Goooooooooosh! All of my favorite stations are there ranging from Monster, Magic, Mellow, Yes FM and even Love Radio. As a test run, I clicked Love Radio. And it played! 

Actually, I've been subscribing to radiotime since 2008. I used to listen to various stations in the office when I was still using a PC. Unfortunately or fortunately, since I moved in to another work station and started using a MAC, I can't access radiotime. 
So yesterday's access was just glorious. I was so happy listening to some radio commercials from the Philippines while I read my books. Plus, finally, I felt that Christmas is truly in town! All of the commercial ads had a dash of kapaskuhan. On top of it, I enjoyed the spiels of the DJ. Ang kuuuuuulet!

Given this connection, I can soon start watching some Pinoy teleserye online! Can't waaaaaaait!
...
CHRISTMAS NA!

I can't deny I got a bit homesick yesterday after hearing some radio commercials aired in Love Radio. Reality bites, magpapasko na. And unfortunately, I can't go home this Christmas. I will just stay in Brunei. But before I lay my pagdadrama, I would like to commend ABS-CBN (my former employer) for their inspiring at nagniningning na 2010 Christmas Station ID. 





50 DAYS to GO, PASKOOOOOOOOOO NA!

Given the fact that I'm staying in Brunei for Christmas, I am now thinking of the possible things that I could just do to save myself from the avalanche of homesickness.

 1.CHOIR. As expected, there will be a Christmas Eve mass. That should not be missed.

2. FOODAM! As early as now, I'm thinking of what food should I prepare for Christmas Eve. Since I will be alone, I'm thinking of grabbing some small serving or just buy at the nearest restaurant.

3. CHRISTMAS GIFT to OPEN. Well, I haven't thought of what to give or reward myself. For now, I'm excited to open the Christmas card which my Dad sent me two weeks ago. Interestingly, as early as now, I have budgeted the money that I will be sending to the Philippines for my family for Christmas.

4. MAKIKI-PARTY. Another option is to makiparty to some friends. Haven't really thought of this. 

5. SCHOOL WORK. With the tons of assignments and research to finish, school work would be a good factor to make me busy on Christmas day. 

6. ONLINE HAPPINESS. That's given, a chat with my family on Christmas Eve is set to happen.

7. MIDNIGHT PRAYER. As a family tradition, I will offer a prayer of thanksgiving. 

8. PINOY KONEK. Now that I have a good internet connection, I can watch Philippine Christmas events via online. I'm sure this will fire up the festivity in my room.

9. GO OVERSEAS? Not ideal at the moment. I'm saving up for something spectacular.

10. BLOG. I'll definitely blog about my Kapaskuhan. Happy thoughts!

Next year, I promise to celebrate Christmas with my Family. I look forward to that day dahil GRADUATE NA AKO! Saaaaaaaana!

Plus, nothing excites me more than to think of my graduation parteeeeeee.

.... 
SHOUT OUTS NA NANGANGANAK!

I have a super friend name ELMI (Boogie is her nickname). She's my classmate and friend in UP Diliman.  Kapatid niya ang prof ko nung College, si Mam Elyrah.

Hindi ko maintindihan pero super natatawa ako pag nagsimula na kaming mag-comment sa wall ng isa't isa. Whenever we post something in our wall, hindi maiwasan talagang kung saan saan napupunta ang usapan. Sa totoo lang, para kaming tambalan ng LOVE Radio pag nagbatuhan ng comment. Basahin niyo at maaaliw kayo! 

NANG DAHIL SA YEHEY!
 Nag-shout out lang ako ng Yehey at ito na ang kinalabasan.



Earvs Borja Cabalquinto :Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehey!
Elmi: bakit anong meron?
Earvs Borja Cabalquinto: Magiging 'AMA' na ako! Problema ko, hindi ko alam kung kanino! LOL!
Elmi: hahahahaha! ano yan??
Earvs Borja Cabalquinto: Hindi ko rin alam, Doc! hahahahahaha!
Elmi: weh. ano nga?
Earvs Borja Cabalquinto: Seriously, kababawan. Kaninang hapon, nagonline ako. Kinonek ko yung speaker ko sa kuwarto ko sa laptop ko. Then nagaral na ako. Guess what ang backgroud habang nagaaral ako, LOVE RADIO! Para lang akong nasa Pinas kaya happy kanina. At first time kong nafeel based sa mga patalastas sa radyo, magPapasko na. It feeeeeeelss sooooooooo right! =)
 Elmi: ahhhh ok. masaya yang love radio na yan hahahaha! dapat pakinggan mo yan sa umaga, panalo! full of energy! lapit na nga pasko herbs! i'm excted! wheeeee!
Earvs Borja Cabalquinto:Tumpak! Hindi ko mafeel na Pasko dito. No signs of any festivity. Ordinary day lang. At dito ako sa Brunei mag-Pasko. Sadness pero tiis na lang. =)
Elmi ay oo nga pala wala pasko dyan. eh di simulan mo! decorate ka na ng office. ;)
 Earvs Borja Cabalquinto: Tumpak. Pati sarili ko, gagawin kong Christmas Tree to remind myself at ang buong Brunei that Christmas is here! hahaha!
Elmi: wahahahahaha! gawin mong daily attire. pag tinanong ka at sinabihang: "mukha kang timang", sagutin mo ng: "walang basagan ng trip!" hahahahaha!
 Earvs Borja Cabalquinto: Hahaha! Tumpak. Pagkasabi ng 'walang basagan ng trip,' biglang nagurumintado at binasag ang baso! LOL
 Elmi: at feel na feel mo ang pasko sa pagbasag ng baso. very convincing ang spirit of christmas nun. lol
 Earvs Borja Cabalquinto: Hahaha! Umayos ka!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O sya, tulog na me kasi darating na si Santa CLAWS! LOL!
Elmi:  wahahahahha! CLAWS tlga ha! scary! lol
Earvs Borja Cabalquinto: Tumpak at nakasakay si SANTA CLAWS sa SPEED BOAT at hinahabol ng JAWS! AYOWS ba? LOL!

 PAK TO PEK!

Do you still remember the super sikat na “PAK!” ni John Lapus sa movie na Here Comes the Bride? Nagkaroon ako ng bersiyon noon. Tinawag ko itong PEK! Dahil diyan, eto ang naging comments ng mga Facebook Friends ko! Peeeeeeeek!
 
Earvs Borja Cabalquinto: PEK! Aang slang version ng PAK!). Puede rin gamitin twice, tipong PEK! PEK! Elmirah L. Salanga, PEK! hahaha!
 Elmi:sira ka herbs! yung sau ngo ngo version POK! HAHAHAHA!
Earvs Borja Cabalquinto :Korek! POK! POK! ang sigaw ng mga utash sa Quezon Ave! hahahahahahahaha! PEK!
Elmi  :hi POK POK! hahaha! adik ka herbs! umayos ka! ayan na naman ang suso mo. lol
Earvs Borja Cabalquinto :Eto pa daw. Isang nagfe-feeling maging konyo. Sabi niya, PEK U! PEK U! Yon pala, PICK You ang gustong sabihan! PEK- SHET! LOL!
 Earvs Borja Cabalquinto :Suso? Umayos ka. Snail yon! SNAIL! Pek! At isa pa, breastfeeding month ngayon noh! Umayos tayong lahat! PEK!
Elmi :peter piper pek a pek of pekpek paper...
Earvs Borja Cabalquinto :Hahahahahaah! Adeeeeeek! Umagang umaga! In fairness, natawa ako! PEK! For that, isa ka ng PEKIMON! hahaha!
Elmirah L. Salanga :wahahahaha! ikaw ang first Pekimon! welcome to the world Pekimon!
Earvs Borja Cabalquinto  :Elms! KABOG ang mga Jejemon sa PEKIMON Association. Akalain mong tayo ang founding members! CEO level! hahaha!
Elmi  :true! orig na pekimon! hahahahhaaa!
Earvs Borja Cabalquinto: Kaloka Elms, umagang umaga! hahaha! Kabog ang TAMBALAN sa atin! hahaha! Please, SPEK (SPEAK)! SPEK, now na! hahaha!
Elmi: no SPENKING. LOL
Earvs Borja Cabalquinto :So thread na ito? Pek-cellent! hahaha! SPEK no Evil! Pek!
Elmi :kelangan mag PEKtyur! PEKtyur PEKtyur! bawal mag PEKyut! hahahha!
Earvs Borja Cabalquinto : Eh yung wala na akong ma-pektyur in my mind! Pek-Shet! hahahahaha! Wagi ka! Certified PEKchiever! Kaloka!
Elmi : PEKs man certifies PEKchiever ka! adik ka herbs! yan kasing SNAIL mo nakakahawa! LOL
Earvs Borja Cabalquinto : hahaha! Peeeeeeeek! Good morning PEKers! hahahaha!


NEWS FLASH!

VOTING IS EXTENDED UNTIL DECEMBER 9!

VOTE FOR MY BLOG ENTRY! VOTE FOR #22!

I AM INVITING EVERYONE TO VOTE FOR MY BLOG ENTRY TITLED "THE [BITTER] SWEET LIFE ABROAD," AN ARTICLE THAT COMPARES OVERSEAS LIFE WITH THE SWEETNESS OF A CHOCOLATE. SIMPLY CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW AND VOTE FOR #22, RATED E!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! =)
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis