Thursday, December 30, 2010

EXPLOSIVE ENCOUNTER: HOURS BEFORE 2011!

 A few hours from now, 2010 will bid farewell and 2011 will walk in. At this point, it is just fitting to reflect on 2010 and map out a new year's resolution before 12 midnight hits!

Before I present my new year's resolution for 2011, let me share with you first my 2010 New Year's Resolution. Let's see which ones I have achieved, not so, and totally not.
 
My New Year's Resolution/ Wishes in 2010

1. Exercise! I've been consistent in exercising. Despite my withdrawal to exercising in the gym because of the high fees, I'm able to maintain my healthy lifestyle by engaging in Taichi.

2. Welcome each morning with a smiling face! Positivity rocks! I can't deny that are bad and goods days in my life. Positively, despite these, I am able to sustain a life with positivity. What's the key? Always look on the bright side. Just like how the book entitled "The Secret" articulates, we attract positive vibes by being positive.

3. Less rice, more oats! Less rice is yes. More oats is not. As you all know, this year is the debut of my sojourn with eating brown rice. 

4. Balance school and work life! Since I'm still alive and kicking, I guess I'm able to achieve that great balance. 

5. More time with mi familia through chatting! As always, I never fail to sustain a consistent and compact communication with my family thru chatting.

6. Learn Espanol in Summer. I was so busy this year. Instead of holding a language book, I drowned with academic research materials.

7. Visit another country with mi familia this year. Our family didn't visit any country this year. Except for the fact that my Dad visited me in Brunei. Locally, our family observed Semana Santa in Bicol.

8. Save more. Spend less. I started my SAVEVIVOR Series this year. I must say, I didn't survive in my pilot run. However, if there's any consolation or reward on such crazy idea, I achieved to think and spend smart. Plus, I direct all my attention on my saving goal.

9. Share my talent to God. My love for God has always been there. Whatever talent I have, I share it to others. We only live once. So better make the most out of our existence.

10. Start my book which I intend to publish soon. Ang Bruneiyuki Book, abangan! This is a work in progress. 

11. Invest on a house and lot. Cross fingers. Finally, this year, I've started to pour in my hard earned money in a wise investment. I got a land in Laguna. Oh well, this is the reason of all my "katipiran."

12. Eat healthy foods. Less junk and sweets! Yes to less junks but not so on less sweets. Seriously, with a family which has a history of diabetes, I better manage my sweet tooth!

13. Read more books. Probably, two to three books a month. Minimum of one every month. Oh yes. Too much of reading. Seriously, school work is a pain in the eyes. Okay, I'm not complaining. I just know that after all the hard work, it's time to reap the fruits!

14. Try a massage or spa once in a while. Boo. Haven't tried. 

15. Control spending on DVDs! =) One of my weaknesses. Gotta control this too.

16. Open a US Dollar Account as per mi Papa! As if may ilalagay sa account! =) I didn't open a US Dollar Account. I guess my BND savings should be enough right now. 

17. Check other career options in either Pinas or other countries. I haven't checked much. Let's see then.

18. Pray harder. Act further. Always and amen.

19. Go out on a date? Hahahaha. Another boo-hoo portion of my life. 

20. Be more patient. I've been patient, I guess, for 2010. I just have to double it especially that I'm 3 subjects away from graduating in my post graduate studies.

21. Update my blog. Yes oh Yes. I've done this consistently. 

22. Forgive and forget. With God's guidance, achieved na achieved!

23. Hopefully more singing and hosting rakets. Thanks to God, I got to sing and host more.

24. Think smart. Should I base this in my school performance, I can say yes. In real life, still, it's a yes.

25. Carpe Diem! To God be the Glory.

After reflecting on what I achieved in my 2010 New Year's Resolution, let me now share to you my 2011 goals.

1. Sustain Taichi.
2. Finish my postgraduate studies in September 2011.
3. Garage Sale of Old DVDs and stuff
4. Either Visit Singapore, Thailand or Indonesia. Vietnam and Cambodia are considered as well.
5. Go for Brown Rice.
6. Slowly shift to a vegetarian diet.
7. Save more.
8. Celebrate Baby Gab's Party in the Philippines.
9. Meet Online friends from the Philippines especially bloggers.
10. Hopefully, celebrate Christmas in the Philippines.
11. Look for a job opportunity where I can practice my Postgraduate degree.
12. Enroll in a PhD of Communication Programme under UP Open University.
13. Write my Stage Play.
14. Fall in love to the right person.
15. Sing for a cause.
16. Attend the Grand Kita Kits and finally meet/bond with my UP OU classmates!
17. Check on a DSLR and unleash my talent in photography. I firmly hold on to what my professor once said: "You have an artist's eye."
18. Conceptualize a business plan. I might go for a food business.
19. Shop at Divisoria and 168 on my April Vacation.
20. Bisita Iglesia in Semana Santa in the Philippines.
21. Swim at Splash Island.
22. Visit Serendra.
23. Visit The Fort. Never been there.
24. Go malling at MOA. Window shopping lang.
25. Experience Echanted Kingdom. Seriously, never been there.
26. Go to Ocean Park.
27. Undergo Dental and Medical Check up.
28. As a birthday gift: Either I go travel, buy a DSLR or upgrade my laptop.
29. Join a blogging community.
30. Interview members of PEBA for my Postgraduate Thesis.
31. Check on Universities who need a Professor in Communication. 
32. Hang around at UP Sunken Garden.
33. Meet and greet Bruneian Bloggers.
34. Start up an Indie film script with co-Upians.
35. Sell old stuff from our house in QC.
36. Donate old books to a charitable institution.
37. Redecorate our house.
38. Eat Razon's Halo-halo.
39. Visit UP Diliman in Summer.
40. Be more patient. 
41. Serve the church, more.
42. Speak up when needed.
43. Hopefully develop a communication organization. 
44. Make money through online.
45. Help my family in any way!
46. Start inquiry on living/working in Australia or New Zealand. 
47. Attend iBlog 7.
48. Meet super friends: Leez, Peluch, Elms, Joy, Ivy, Jho, Jhen, Ed, Melody, Ana, Tet, Hervie, Izah and Dhee in the Philippines!
49. Meet UP CMC Peeps!
50. Eat Taho.
51. Eat Pinoy Foods!

Here are some random stuffs I intend to try and I wish. 
1. Be part of a musical.
2. Throw a concert.
3. Dress like a rockstar for a day?
4. Be on television.
5. Be covered by the press for a good deed or achievement?
6. Win something.
7. Deliver a speech?
8. Work for a day in a fastfood.
9. Zero spending for a day.
10. Be on a date.
11. Survive in a travel with only having one bag.
12. Try Hiking
13. Have a picture with celebrities in the Philippines. 
14. Eat Balut. Yung sisiw. 
15. Disco time with friends.
16. Ride a unique or indigenous mode of transportation.
17. Go for a rollercoaster ride or Ferris wheel.
18. Volunteer for an old folks house or some charitable institution.
19. Treat myself with a pricey reward.
20. A picture with Chuvaness.
21. Strike a pose with Pnoy!
22. Step in ABS-CBN's premises, again.
23. Meet random twitter-ers! 
24. Drive in the Philippines? Malabo to. Takot ako sa kalsada ng Pinas.

Now, I want to greet everyone a...
More blessings...more love...more happiness... and good health for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis