When I checked on my blog site this morning, blogger informs me that they're offering new layouts. For testing, all I have to do is add /view/ (type of design) in http://earvilicious.blogspot.com.
With so much curiosity, I tried some. Blogger offers 5 interactive and very simple designs; the views are Flipcard, Mosaic, Sidebar, Snapshot and Timeslide. Among the five, I personally like Timeslide and Flipcard for my blog.
Check it out:
1. Very interactive
2. Clean and simple
1. Videos are not shown on the main page.
2. May look like google image search.
1. Clean layout
2. More eye movement for readers because of different the shapes of boxes
1. Videos are not shown on the main page unless you click on the post.
2. Almost similar with Flipcard.
1. Clean and straightforward
2. Reader friendly especially on clarity and spaces
1. A bit boring especially on using the outline form.
1. Creative design using a snapshot
1. Doesn't fit other blog themes. But may fit well for travel or photo blogs.
1. Works on a Newspaper Layout
2. Clean and very straightforward
1. May not suite other blog content and design
The views are very simple and clean, yet interactive. However, the producers should consider the customization of each views. For the longest time, bloggers have accustomed themselves with their design based on their contents, objectives and theme. This shall be addressed with the proposed views by blogger.
Speaking of evaluation, there's form that could be filled up to gather comments and suggestions from bloggers.