Thursday, March 31, 2011

EXPLOSIVE ENCOUNTER: BLOGGER HAS A NEW VIEW!

 When I checked on my blog site this morning, blogger informs me that they're offering new layouts. For testing, all I have to do is add /view/ (type of design) in http://earvilicious.blogspot.com.

With so much curiosity, I tried some. Blogger offers 5 interactive and very simple designs; the views are Flipcard, Mosaic, Sidebar, Snapshot and Timeslide. Among the five, I personally like Timeslide and Flipcard for my blog.

Check it out:

(1) Flipcard


LIKE FACTOR:
1. Very interactive
2. Clean and simple
3. Refreshing

LOWDOWN:
1. Videos are not shown on the main page.
2. May look like google image search.

(2) Mosaic


LIKE FACTOR:
1. Clean layout
2. More eye movement for readers because of different the shapes of boxes


LOWDOWN
1. Videos are not shown on the main page unless you click on the post.
2. Almost similar with Flipcard.

(3) Sidebar

LIKE FACTOR:
1. Clean and straightforward
2. Reader friendly especially on clarity and spaces

LOWDOWN:
1. A bit boring especially on using the outline form.

(4) Snapshot
LIKE FACTOR:
1. Creative design using a snapshot

LOWDOWN:
1. Doesn't fit other blog themes. But may fit well for travel or photo blogs.

(5) Timeslide
LIKE FACTOR:
1. Works on a Newspaper Layout
2. Clean and very straightforward

LOWDOWN:
1. May not suite other blog content and design

OVERALL Evaluation:
The views are very simple and clean, yet interactive. However, the producers should consider the customization of each views. For the longest time, bloggers have accustomed themselves with their design based on their contents, objectives and theme. This shall be addressed with the proposed views by blogger.

Speaking of evaluation, there's form that could be filled up to gather comments and suggestions from bloggers.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Earvin. I added you in my blog. Hope you can join mine. I only have one member pa lang. I just blog as a source of stress relief:) - Tricia Montinola :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, teacher Juvy already emailed to me your article and I already forwarded it to Manila Times. Hope you can send me a studio photo of yours. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. Tricia, sure.I'll follow your blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis