Friday, August 26, 2011

IT'S MR.8 BURGER!

When I had my vacation in the Philippines last July to conduct my MA Thesis research, one of the gastronomic adventures I had was a stop over at Mr. 8 Burger after a whole day of mind-cracking research at UP Diliman.  Opened in 2010, Mr. 8 Burger is located at 88 Maginhawa Street Teachers Village, Quezon City.

It was sunny afternoon when I decided to stop by and meet my college friends at Mr. 8 burger. Good thing, it was very accessible. With just one ride of the ever popular tricycle  at Philcoa, I reached the cozy place in 15 minutes.

So wanna know more about The Tastiest Burger in Town? Read on




As I walked in inside the charming food hub, the smell of freshly cooked burgers tickled my taste buds; it's to the point that my hunger for a delicious merienda was leveled up. Soon, my friends and I packed the place with chit chats as we waited for our orders.

Despite the intimate space that Mr. 8 Burger has, I loved the yellow painted wall and some accents, which gave customers like me a relaxing feel. On top of that, what I liked the most was the cleanliness of the place and the warm reception of the staff.  Ate even recommended their best-sellers, which I think was a smart gesture especially for new customers like us.

I can't take my eyes off on the menu! Kaloka!

100 pure beef!
Nice wall decors!

My friends ordered the adobo toppings, priced at 45 pesos. Some ordered siomai quartet, priced at 24 pesos. I ordered the much-raved Mr. 8 burger with ham and egg, priced at 70 pesos. Of course,  I wanted to prove if the tagline "The Tastiest Burger in Town" is for real.

My College Friends with the Fab Yellow Wall! (L-R) Pelucci with Ja's Baby Ocho, Ja, Liza, and Hazel

My verdict: I enjoyed the Mr. 8 Burger with ham and cheese. Apart from the freshness of the veggies, the burger was thick and not fatty and oily. On top of that, the patty was not salty, while the egg was cooked well. The buns were also thick enough to complement the richness of the patty and the other add ons. With the taste of the burger alone, I didn't look for any sauce to spice up my food.

On the side, I tasted the Thai Milk Tea at Mr. 8 Burger. As a milk tea lover, I could say that the Thai Milk Tea at Mr. 8 Burger pampered my taste buds. The drink was just right; not too sweet, and not bland. It's not even commercialized as no bulk of ice cubes were added to define impact. Indeed, the quality was commendable.

Apparently, as much as I wanted to order and taste the other appetizing meals, I was just full with the Big 8 burger. Actually, I was craving (despite the kabusugan) for the Double Decker, the camote fries and the chili dog which I heard were all best-sellers. Perhaps you're already drooling much with Mr. 8 Burger's offers, for your information, I checked out the menu, which you can see below.


Soon, my friends and I left Mr. 8 Burger. As I rode the taxi cab with my friend, I seriously couldn't forget the taste of the burger. Ang sarap sarap at parang home-made. Believe it or not, I'm craving for that burger right now. Promise ko talaga sa sarili ko, babalik ako sa Mr.8  Burger pag-uwi ko ng Pilipinas. 

Hey, here's a deal! If you love drinking tea, catch TEAVOLUTION on its soft launch on Monday, August 29 at Mr. 8 Burger. You can try the Assam Caramel Milk Tea, Teavolution Black Tea Special, and Oolong Mocha Milk Tea and enjoy 20% from 29 August until 3 September 2011.


So what are you waiting for? If you're just around UP Diliman or Quezon City, Mr. 8 Burger could be the right place to enjoy some affordable, healthy and yummylicous treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis