Thursday, August 25, 2011

OH TOKYO & L.A.

Back in 2000, I used to watch an information program in cable. The title of the show was "Oh Tokyo!" It's a Japanese-Filipino produced show that was aired by WINS cable television show at skycable. Interestingly, little did I know, the anchor of the show is known as Ellen Legasto Nishuimi.

Honestly, there is something about Ellen Legasto Nishumi which really glued me on television. It's not her smooth accent or the way she dressed. Perhaps, it's her pagka-Pinay that I liked the most. Plus, I felt that anytime, parang madadapa o maghaharass si Ellen dahil sa kanyang pagkapayat.


Here's more. Apart from Ellen Legasto Nishumi, while I was checking some videos in youtube, an interesting video popped out. Guess what, it's a video of a Filipino child star turned singer. I know you know him. Let me reveal it here.


Wanna know all about my chika? Read on.





I love watching Oh Tokyo. As far as I can remember, I got to watch the episode during afternoons. Apart from the interesting scoop of the episodes, Ellen is just not to be missed especially with the way she narrated the discoveries of food, performances, and places. In fact, it's as if Ellen was just one of the televiewers who are just amazed with the sights and sounds in Japan. 


Since now that I'm curious who's Ellen Legasto Nishuimi, I googled her name. According to Wikipedia, Ellen was born in February 23, 1996 in the the Philippines. She is the daughter of a short story writer Edgardo Legasto and Elsa Diaz. At age 18, she began training with a Filipino dance troupe which performed in Japan. During her stay in Japan, she met Toshiya Nishiumi and they got married in Tokyo in 1993.


As far as Ellen's on-cam career, she was asked to audition as a reporter by her Filipino friend who hosted the online news program, WINS Japan. Although Ellen agreed, her Nihonggo language skills were poor. Soon, she was hired as a host reporter for the Oh Tokyo information program.


Actually, aliw na aliw ako kay Ellen kasi ang pagka-high pitch niya ay napaka-natural. At napaka-Pinay ng reaksiyon niya sa mga bagay-bagay! Siya ang pinay na pinay na version ni Kris Aquino.


At mas nakakaloka, microphone kung microphone ang hawak ni Ellen na sinasabayan ng slightly palengkera na boses. Aliw! Now that I'm watching her episode again, parang gusto ko tuloy gumawa ng independent shoot dito sa Brunei. 


So are you interested to see a sample episode of Ellen? Watch the video below. 






Now, let me share to you the child star chika. Brace yourselves as I present to you... L.A. Lopez!





Yes, L.A Lopez is the artist behind the popular song "Yakap;" it's a song that whenever I hear, I always thing of "sapi" of Sto. Nino in the city. Sorry naman pero super yon talaga ang unang pumapasok sa isip ko. But hey, believe it or not, L.A. Lopez is now a pastor at 700 Club Asia. Interesting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis