Sunday, November 13, 2011

TOURING BRUNEI AT NIGHT

Last Thursday night, my father and I went to Bandar Seri Begawan, the capital city of Brunei Darussalam, to have dinner and enjoy a short tour in the city. Thanks to my officemate Soc who lent us a car, we were able to be mobile in one night.

Wanna know more about the yummylicious japa-nice food and spectacular sights that we enjoyed? Read on!


The weather was cooperative last Thursday. The stars were up and the wind was blowing just right (I had a trauma with strong winds! Remember the accident?) Given this advantage, my father and I went to Bandar Seri Begawan.

Our first stop was a dine in at the newly-opened Japanese Restaurant in Bandar Seri Begawan. Despite not having a reservation, we were able to secure a seat.

Compared to other Japanese Resto in Brunei, you get the best value with your money at Kaizen Sushi. The food was great. The ambiance was cozy as it is situated in the port area. Plus, the service was  quick. They even have this buzzer so you don't have to raise your arms or call a waiter's name on special requests.



The interior

Japa-nice seats!

me and my father!

a walk way

Apart from enjoying the conversation with my dad, I was impressed with the tasty Japanese dish. I had a bento box with garlic chicken, some potato salad, tidbits of salmon, tofu, and rice. Then, my father had chicken and salmon bento.


My father's food!

My bento! Diet?

We also tried the drink of the day. I had the passion fruit drink (orange juice mixed with mango). My father had pineapple juice.We also some appetizers: salmon with cheese and some tuna.




After our dinner, my father and I started to walk around in the port area.We stopped by and took some snapshots of some buildings in the port area. What's more interesting, rainbow-coloured lights add life to the establishments.







Soon, we went to Yayasan Mall to see the well-lighted Sultan Omar Ali Saiffudin Mosque. And yes, I took a picture of my father with the mosque as background. From afar, the mosque was indeed marvelous!

Sultan Omar Ali Saiffudin Mosque at night!


What's unforgettable about the Sultan Omar Ali Saiffudin Mosque is its imagery that depicts royal and spectacular designs. Provided with lighting, the mosque stands out at night in the bustling city.

Speaking of grandeur mosque, we also visited the Mosque near our place. It's called Jame 'Asri Hassanal Bolkiah. Again, I took a picture of my Father with the mosque as background. I also had some snapshots of the mosque's ceiling, floor, garden area, main entrance, and a lot more! One word to describe the Jame 'Asri Hassanal Bolkiah Mosque: Majestic!

Grand pillars!






the garden!

Patterns on the floor!

Beautiful ceiling!




After an hour or two, my father and I went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis