Wednesday, January 18, 2012

IT'S MORE FUN FUN FUN IN THE PHILIPPINES

And yeeeeees, I'm finally back in this virtual world. As you all know I went back to the Philippines to present my paper in a conference organized by UP Diliman College of Mass Communication and the National Communication Research Council. The two-day conference was held at UP College of Mass Communication.

Despite my nakakatense and busy schedule in preparation for the conference, I had some time to bond with my family and a few friends. Indeed, it was (will always be) a memorable and fun time to experience the Philippines.

To know more about my adventures, read on.


 
I arrived on a Wednesday night. Supposedly, I should had been in NAIA Terminal 1 at 4:25 pm. But since there was some operational problems with Royal Brunei Airlines, our flight was delayed for two hours.

Despite the delay, I was very happy that the flight went smooth. Actually, inside the plane, I was so anxious. Why? We used the same plane, which was having some operational problems, which caused all the delay. Thank God, I landed alive and kicking and uber excited.

The next day, I started to prepare my powerpoint presentation – NOT. Believe it or not, I didn’t touch my powerpoint presentation as I went to UP to meet Dr. Arminda Santiago. In our meet up, apart from digging in with the irresistible Devil’s Food Cake at Chocolate kiss, I handed to Ma’am some recommendation forms for my University application in Australia and Singapore. We also had some conversation on the PhD Topic which I am targeting to develop.


The Devil's Food Cake!

After my merienda and chikahan with Ma’am Armi, I went to Trinoma to meet my bestfriend Apes. Apart from the chit chatting at Conti’s where I finally had a bite of the ever-popular and talk of the town Mango Bravo cake, Apes treated me at Happy Lemon, where tried the Rock Salt Tea. On the side, Apes gave me a Starbucks Planner. Naghahanap kasi ako ng planner eh narinig niya ako. Lol



On the 13th, I started to work on my powerpoint. On the side, I had some preparations for my father’s kaarawan. In the afternoon, I also had the time to meet Elms and Amer, my college friends. Kaloka lang ang usapan. Suma-Saturn Return. But seriously, the conversation was an eye-opener. And yes, it hits the realities of turning 30!


Soon, I was back at home and we celebrated my Father’s 62nd Birthday.

On the 14th, thank God, I had a successful and smooth presentation in the conference. Despite some questions, I was able to answer the inquiries. Grabe at parang thesis defense lang! Thanks to Nette and Soc for attending the conference.



At night, I met my UP OU classmates. As usual, ingay, tawanan and yes, some academic work updates!

On the 15th, my family went to Tagaytay. After attending mass in the Pink Sister’s Convent, we had breakfast at Picnic Grove. After, we had lunch at Bag of Beans.
At Pinic Grove!

My Family: (L-R) Me, Kuya, Gab, Ate Charmaine, Jeron, and Papc!

At Bag of Beans!

At Bag of Beans!

At Bag of Beans!

Bag of Beans was the highlight of our Tagaytay Trip. Dining at Bag of Beans was part of my Dad’s extended birthday celebration. Apart from having our family, some relatives joined us – the Francia and Pimentel family.

Dining at Bag of Beans was very refreshing. Priced at 400 pesos per head on buffet, we just loved the fresh and woody ambiance. The food was also a thumbs up!

On our way home, we bought some pasalubongs at Rowena’s.

16th came, I had to come with my dad to fix some documents in the bank. Then, I also had some medical check up for my uric acid and knee pains. Positively, my uric acid was normal and the pain in my knee was pointed out to be cause by strenuous activities (thank God at hindi Rayuma! lol). In the afternoon, I watched a movie “Segunda Mano” with my cousin. And yes, food tripping was inevitable.


Salad!

Pumpkin soup!

main course!

Desserts galore! I love the tart and the maja blanca!

They can cook which pasta you like!

Create your own halo-halo with ice cream!

Desserts!

My favorite portion of the buffet! lol


17th walked in and I became so busy with processing documents. Despite that, I helped prepared our dinner for my despedida.

18th, it’s the day I left Manila.

Overall, my short stay in the Philippines was very productive, fun-filled and uber nakakabusog. As usual, I gained weight.

Watch out for my FOOD FESTIVAL post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis