Sunday, January 29, 2012

PASASALAMAT SA MGA OFW BLOGGERS

This is an overdue post. But now that I already have the time, I would like to dedicate this entire entry to those OFW bloggers who participated in my MA Thesis research. Of course, without their patience and participation in my survey and online interviews, my research would not come in fruition.

I would also like to thank PEBA or Philippine Expat Blog Awards for all the assistance and help on my benchmark research on migrant workers and blogging.

Read on to know more.


I've been blogging for more than three years now. Since I've joined the millions of OFWs in 2008, I've started to blog not only to express my kadaldalan, but also to cope up with a life away from my family and friends. As an online personal diary, my blog has served as an outlet for me to share to the world my explosive explorations. Little did I know, it is through blogging that I will be able to find a study on migration and transnational communication.

My MA research entitled "Blogging Away from Home: Blogs as Discursive Platforms for Empowerment among Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) Bloggers" is a research that I'm very proud of. Apart from giving me a bonggacious grade from my professor at UP Open University, my research was accepted and was presented in a conference in the Philippines last 14 January 2012. With a theme "Creatively Rediscovering Media and Communication," as organized by the National Communication Research Council and UP Diliman College of Mass Communication, my research was categorized under the "Transformative Media."


My research won't be possible without the OFW bloggers who participated in my study. And I bonggang bonggang thank them for all the patience in answering all my inquiries.

Here are the OFW Bloggers and a screenshot of their blog site. You may also visit their website.

(1) Michael Shades of Blue, Michael Juha (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)


(2) Style Shanghai, Maris Manalili (China)



(3) From the Dungeon, Charlie Montemayor (Republic of Palau)


(4) Al Ain City Daily Photo, Jocelyn Gundan (UAE)


(5) Ana Sarmiento, Ana Sarmiento (UAE)


(6) Mizpah, Joseph Quiambao (Saudi Arabia)


(7) Ka-Swak, Aron Dy (Saudi Arabia)


(8) Baul ni Noel, Manuelito Ablon (Saudi Arabia)



(9) Bonistation, Bonifacio Talampas, Jr.(Saudi Arabia)



(10) Carnation, because life is beautiful, Carnation (Thailand)



(11) Xspot, Pepe Cabrera (Saudi Arabia)



(12) El Stupendo Files, Johnny Domawa (Canada)



(13) Jigsbloggedlife, Felix Segre (USA)



(14) Klasrum ni Pajay, hindi lahat ng pinapasukan, eskuwelahan, Efren Jay Tangcalangan (Saudi Arabia)


(15) Kotseng Kuba, Noel Cabacungan (Saudi Arabia)


(16) Kuwentong Tambay, Jay David (USA)


(17) Mga Kathang Isip at Kuwento ni Kiko,Francis Marilao (Qatar)



(18) Life is a piece of Keyk, Anna Baldares (Singapore)


(19) Pamatay Homesick, Ever Villacruz (Kuwait)
 

(20) Stay at Home Blessings, Chin Chin Vivero (Saudi Arabia)


(21) Pink Tarha, Janelle Vales (in behalf of three authors) (Saudi Arabia)

 

(22) Thoughtskoto, Jebee Kenji Solis (Saudi Arabia)

 

(23) Field of Dreams, Roy Paran (United Kingdom)


 (24) Wits and Spirits, Josephil Saraspe (Thailand)



(25) The Sandbox, BlogusVox (Saudi Arabia)

 

(26) Iheartroanne, Ro Anne (Macau)

 
(27) Buhay OFW, Alex Flores (Qatar)

 
(28) Animus (Anonymous Sanctuary), Danilo Garcia Jacob Jr. (Dahn Jacob) (Kuwait)

 
(29) Hulaschoop atbp, Alice Fajardo aka “Sardonyx” (USA)

 
(30) Isla De Nebz, Nebz (Kuwait)

 
Special thanks to Batang Gala (Canada) and Soy Negrense for participating in my survey. 

I will inform you if my paper is already out. It will be published soon.  

1 comment:

  1. congrats!! hope i could participate next time :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis