Tuesday, January 31, 2012

PERFORMANCE EVALUATION ON JANUARY

Times flies so fast. Parang kakatapos lang ng Pasko at Bagong Taon celebration eh eto na ang buwan ng Pebrero. As I was driving to work this morning, I came to reflect (habang umaandar --- dangerous dahil lumilipad ang isip di ba?) on what I have achieved for January.

January is a very exciting month for me. As you all know, I went back to the Philippines to present my research at the University of the Philippines. On top of that, I had the chance to share good times with my family and a few friends. Sorry sa mga hindi ko na nameet dahil super sandali lang ang pagstay ko sa Pinas. 

Going back to my reflective mode, I have arrived with rating the different aspects of my life in January. From work to school life and social life, I know I deserve some evaluation.

I Will be using the University of the Philippines' grading system to mark my performance in the (as I just said) different aspects of my life.



Social Life - 1.25 (Very Good)

Not only because I had the chance to spend time with my family and friends in the Philippines, I am also back in my "drive" to share some happy moments with my friends in Brunei Darussalam.

I got to be invited in a party. I had some meryenda/dinner chika with some of my friends. I just go out and bond with the people around me. That makes me a pusang machika!

For the month of January, I watched the movie "Journey 2" with some of my friends, which actually helped me to crash homesickness. On the side, I'm back on singing with the Serunai Choir. At least naman eh naiibsan (yes, the word) ang lungkotness.

Work Life - 1.5 (Good)

There's not much to do in the office at the moment so I really can't evaluate my performance. But of course, I've always been up for some advance research on creative design and approaches. Minsan nga, dahil wala talagang gawa sa opisina, non-stop ako sa pagbabasa ng mga kung anu-ano. I even use social media as my source on trends na mahalaga sa advertising industry.

Oh! My contract will soon end. I don't know if my boss will extend my contract. But whatever happens, I'm all set. Gusto ko naman sumabak sa ibang lupain - yung may interaksyon at kaunlaran. Pak!

On the side, I had one hosting stint last January. I hosted a reunion party set in a day before Chinese New Year. Dahil sa selebrasyon, natutunan ko ang salitang "Yamsing," which means, "Cheers!"

Academic Life - 1.25 (Very Good)

Last January, presenting my research in a conference was one of my achievements in my academic sojourn. I was just so happy to share my knowledge. And yes, it's so exciting to speak in front of college students.

On the side, I was able to answer (actually, defend) some questions about my research. Bongga lang naman ang nagtanong na professor sa akin. Thank God, nasagot ko ng with bonggang composition.

Wish ko now is to really make my dream to teach a reality. Gusto ko sana sa kolehiyo. This is also the reason why I've been developing my academic portfolio.


Health and Fitness - 1.75 (Good)

Thanks to my goal in living a healthy lifestyle, I really take time to exercise. Good thing, my uric acid, as based on my recent check up, is now normal. Dahil diyan, wala ng gout attack. Sana magtuloy tuloy na.

And when I was in the Philippines, despite taking a lot of pictures of food that I eat, I really made an effort to not "overeat." Tikim lang ay ayos na. Isa pa, ayokong tumaba ng bongga at magsu-summer na. 


Finances: 1.25 (Very Good)

Just last January, I got my year-end bonus. At dahil diyan, pumower-up ang aking savings. And believe it or not, instead of spending it, I put in my savings.Why? Because I'm saving for my travel plans (alone and with my family) and on my 30th Birthday Party na hindi ko alam kung saan magaganap -  Pilipinas ba or somewhere.

Apart from saving my year-end bonus, when I went back to the Philippines, I settled some bills. Dahil nga sa may lupa na binabayaran ay inuna ko na itong i-settle para for the next months, naka-bangko na. Ito rin ang dahilan kung bakit hindi ako basta basta bumibili ng mga gadgets. Ang lupa kasi tumataas ang value. Ang gadget, bumababa ang value. Pero don't worry, bibili rin ako ng gadget soooon. Sana iPad para magamit ko sa PhD? #ambisyon

At kung gastusin naman sa Brunei ang paguusapan, pagkain at DVD lang naman ang gastos ko. I don't normally shop for clothes or kung anik-anik dito dahil wala naman magandang ma-sight. Sa totoo lang, mas maganda pa ang mga bilihin sa Divisoria. And with the dearth of international brands here, you won't be tempted to spend. It's an advantage dahil you get to save.
 
Love Life - 3.00 (Pass)


Yeeeees! Buti hindi removals. And my god, kumpara naman last year, 5.00 talaga.

Well, it's not only last January, but since last year, I've changed my perspective on falling in love. Jusko! Dahil siguro sa changing of outlook sa buhay kaya pumasa ako sa aspetong ito. 

I guess, I deserve to pass this aspect of my life because I've been sensitive with my environment. Kung may nagpaparamdam, lubos ko namang tinatanggap. At siempre, nag-e-effort na rin ako sa mga taong nag-e-effort na magreach out sa akin (ano ako, charity?).

I'm not getting any younger. Siguro nga kasi, para lang akong nasa MRT, na nakailang daan na ang train na puno, mapili ako, hindi ako sumasakay. Pero siempre naman, maganda pa rin maghintay ng ka-deserve deserve.

So paano ako pumasa? It's because of effort. I don't know where will this lead. All I know is, bahala na si Batman. Surely, you'll be the first to know kung kailan ang big reveal on changing "Single" to "In a Relationship." Pero I think matatagalan pa. Kasi ako ang nagpapaligaw? #hahaha

GWA: 1.67 (Good)

So I got a good average. So for the month of FABruary, I'll try to work more on some aspects of my life lalo na siguro yung sa health and love life. With motivation, the former is achievable. But for the latter, hingi tayo ng gabay kay Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis