Sunday, April 1, 2012

DAY 26-27: 30-DAY FITNESS CHALLENGE

Eat in small portions. Yan ang naging motto ko over the weekend especially when I was invited by my friends to eat out for lunch and dinner.

My weekend was sobrang exciting dahil hindi lang nakasama ko ang aking mga kaibigan over kainan, nakapag-swimming din kami on a Sunday night habang bumubuhos ang ulan. Thanks to Ma'am Betsy, nakapagswimming kami sa Pangsa Mar'azmala, which was followed by a light and healthy dinner.

Wala na talaga akong masabi sa ipinayat ko. So magbuhat ba ng bangko? As I was enjoying in the swimming pool last night, I felt that my body has become lighter and I had good breathing underwater.

Read on to know more about my "eating in small portions" sojourn.


Saturday

After some weeks, finally I had the chance to visit my supah friend Liza and Kuya Rhenee. Lisa gave birth to a healthy baby girl last March 26. Since I was busy for the past days, it was only yesterday that I had the luxury to be with them and finally see their cute baby girl.

Prior to going to Lisa's place for lunch in the afternoon, I exercised (as usual) in the morning and I just had two bananas, one glass of milk and one apple for breakfast. Imagine that, prutas kung prutas. 

So when lunch came, I knew that I'll eat something special. True enough, when I arrived at Lisa's place, may bonggang crispy pata. Yours truly didn't make any second thoughts on to eat or not to eat the food. Kumain ako pero in small portions lang. I also enjoyed the "papaya" soup which Kuya Rhenee made. It was soothing. I brought cupcakes as a gift.


On the side, napa-kanin ako. Yes, it's white rice but in small portions. So right after, there was no guilt feeling.

After we ate lunch, we visited Lisa's baby who was sleeping in the room. Baby Pia ang pangalan nung baby nila.

But what's interesting about our visit, although alam na namin noon pa, Baby Pia is a miracle baby. Halos eleven years ding naghintay sina Lisa at Kuya Rhenee for her coming. With God's blessing, Lisa conceived at heto na nga si Baby Pia.

After the picture taking, chit chat and story sharing, we all went home.

Yours truly had an ice cream in the afternoon. Nag-crave kasi talaga ako and mas nafeel kong mas enjoy manuod ng The Walking Dead habang ngumangata ng ice cream. So, I had magnum.


At night, since I realized that I had so much food for lunch and in the afternoon, I exercised for one and a half hour.

Soon, I was enjoying my dinner. Balik saging galore.

Sunday

It's Palm Sunday.

Sayang at hindi ako nakapagehersisyo sa umaga because I slept late on a Saturday night. I was so engrossed reading a book and di ko napansin ang oras.

On Sunday, I woke early pa rin dahil magsisimba. Soon, I was in the church and I was waiting for the procession to start.

Right after the mass, Ma'am Betsy, Jovert, Jill, Elna and I went out for lunch. We ate at Fun Wok Restaurant in Kiulap.

Sobrang dami naming na-order but at the end of the kainan, I was nabusog pero hindi naman yung sasabog level. The "eat only small portions" was in my mind.

Diyos ko, napahalf rice din ako. Yung white. And the following are what I had: 3 pieces of siomai, corn soup, tofu, a small portion of fried duck, and mee hon. Pansin ko lang na super nahihilig ako sa pansit pero hindi naman maramihan kasi carbs din ito. I had lychee with aloe vera for drinks.

The Fried Duck!
After eating lunch, I went to Hua Ho to buy some grocery items. I bought some mango (hilaw) and I got Yogurt (mango flavor). Dahil diyan, nagmeryenda ako ng yogurt.


In the afternoon, as planned (na biglaan), I went to Pangsa Mar'azmala to swim with Elna, Jovert, Jill and Ma'am Betsy.

As I was enjoying the moment in the pool, I realized na good pampapawis din ito kasi nga di pa ako masyado napawisan the whole day. Dahil dyan, mega langoy ako (feeling lang kasi I don't know how to swim). Siempre, left and right din ang chikahan sa pool with Elna and Jill.

After our night swimming, bongga rin dahil umulan pa, we had our dinner. Nagluto sina Ma'am Betsy and Elna ng pansit. I brought some drinks, cream puff and a bread. Nagdala rin sina Jovert ng Goldilocks Polvoron (Pinipig) and Sapin Sapin. So obviously, with this pagkain, mahirap labanan ang temptation.



Again, in small portions ang kainan ang drama ko. Dinamihan ko rin ang inom ko and some fruits. So after eating, feeling light pa rin ako. Yung feeling na parang hindi kumain. 

***
Eating in small portions is effective for me. Hindi ako masyadong nabubusog at hindi rin gutom. Tama lang ang gaan.On the side, nakakatulong din ang pagkain ng prutas.

Meanwhile, sa kabila ng kainan, it really helps to sweat out. Mabuti na rin yung mapawisan for 30 minutes or an hour.

As of writing, three days to go and I'm done with my fitness challenge. So after nito, another 30 days shall be completed for my ROAD TO 65 Challenge.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis