Thursday, May 24, 2012

I'M BACK

Wohoo! After three weeks of hiatus, I'm finally back.

As you all know, I went back to the Philippines, three weeks ago, to enjoy my end-of-contract vacation. Actually, I was supposed to stay longer back home but it didn't happen because I wasn't able to get my renewed passport on time. But no one's to blame. At least, I was able to get a one year extension of my passport and was home in time for my MA graduation at the University of the Philippines Open University.

It's one of the most exciting vacation I've had over the past years of being a Balikbayan in the Philippines. Apart from the usual meet up with friends, food trippin and a line-up of family bonding sessions, everything went spontaneous. Finally, I veered way (a bit) from my structured and stiff schedule. For this year, I just kept in mind who are the people I must meet, food I want to taste, a few places to visit, and moments I want to relive once again. I was also matipid at some point and I exercised... everyday! Oh well, except in the latter part of my vacation.

Let me give you a sneak peak of my vacation! Read on.

There's no denying that it's more fun in the Philippines. Despite the humidity, the congested roads and long queues one must endure in all places, every moment of my stay in the Philippines is perfect. Why not, it's my home country.

My vacation this May has loads of highlights. And I can't really wait to detail the stories. Although I've consistently posted pictures in my Facebook account, I still lots of pictures and stories to share for everyone.

In my upcoming posts, I will not only talk about what I felt when I was back in the Philippines - the challenges and joys in traveling in Quezon City, strolling at malls, choosing what food to eat, running after a public transportation, being squeezed (once again) in a bus or in an FX, and a lot more of horrible yet funny experiences - but I will also share my review of foods I enjoyed, places I visited, and unforgettable memories that are worth immortalizing in the virtual world.

On the side, now that I'm back to work, I've (slowly) started to condition my mind. Too bad, parang may hangover pa from my vacation. Parang bet ko pa rin ang gumala. Reality bites, I need to save and pay the credit card bills that I acquired back home.

Meanwhile, I've began to feel the weight of rushing documents for my Uni Application. As you all know, I'm applying for a PhD in Media and Comm in Australia and Singapore. I've already sent my documents to select universities and they confirmed. In Australia, they're already processing my application.

But here's a good news. Yesterday I got a letter from Universiti Brunei Darussalam. They're offering me a place in their PhD Programme in Media and Communication. I was happy with its coming. But I was hesitant as well. I still have to wait if I qualify for the scholarship.

For now, let me compose first all the details of my bakasyon grande and I will share it to everyone, soooon. I am very thankful for my family who made my stay in the Philippines truly a humbling experience. And for my friends as well, thank you!

Yes, it's nice to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis