Day eleven. Yes, yesterday's the eleventh day of my fitness challenge. As of writing, I'm on my ika-labindalawa na. Akalain mo yon? Magnificent! Pak!
Yesterday was a very eggggzoiting day for my fitness challenge. Ano nga ba ang ka-excite excite sa buhay ko now? Well apart from being a relationship (kiddddding!), seriously, apart from waiting for a scholarship eklavu, I'm very focused in reading tons of books and journals in preparation for my PhD. I'm also researching in advance on my study. As I mentioned in my past entries, my dissertation will focus on migrant families, virtuality and transnationalism. Nosebleed? Nako, utak ko ang nag-be-bleed.
Anywayssss, I won't be talking about my PhD topic here or any matters about postgraduate studies. What we'll talk about today is my fitness challenge exklavu which I completed yesterday. Hep, hep, hep, hindi pa tapos ang challenge. Paguusapan lang natin ang naganap yesterday.
What's more exciting I had an idea yesterday as I was sipping a sosyalang cup of CBTL and eating a banana cupcake. Yes, oo, ako na ang sosyal.
So today, let me share to you the TOP 15 funny ways to spot a person loosing weight yet trying to be a pasosyal. You may say that it's social climbing. But for the lack of a better word, let me use the word, uhm, wala ako maisip. Pak!
Read on to know more.
Let me just give you a preview of my routine yesterday as part of my fitness challenge.
As usual in the morning, I had two pandesal. Sadly, di ko nakain ang apple ko. Lumabas kasi ako to fix my IC and exchange a letter to RBA office. Remember that I won in the 2012 "I Love Brunei" Competition and one of the prizes was a return air ticket to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Surprisingly, may mali sa letter, yung validity ng taon. Well I saw that mistake on the day of the awarding when I opened the envelope. Positively, tumawag ang RBA and asked me to come to their office and get the new letter.Going back to my point, di ko nakain ang apple ko.
Together with my office assistant, dumaan ako ng Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. I bought a regular vanilla something and a banana cupcake.
Now here's weird. It took me three hours bago ko nafeel ang gutom nung umaga. Nakaramdam lang ako ng gutom ng 1 in the afternoon. Masyadong mabigat ang nakain ko. Parang isang buong hayop, ganyan! Pak! Obviously I had late lunch. I had kolomee with chicken.
Dahil nakonsensya ako eh talagang mega workout in the afternoon. As usual, I jogged and did some stretching.
After working out, I attended my choir's practice. Yours truly brought Jollibee cheeseburgers and drinks. Nagpa-burger ako bilang sharing of blessing with what I recently achieved - winning the essay competition. Eh alangan namang di ako kumain. So napakain ako ng cheeseburger. Well, I didn't feel guilty naman kasi nagworkout ako. Me ganon?
That's my routine yesterday. May slight kainan pero bawi naman sa pagpapawis.
Now let me share the thoughts that were running in my mind yesterday. I was making funny thoughts on connecting "social climbing" and "loosing weight." Let me share with you the bonggang bonggang pa-social climbing gestures in loosing weight (in real and virtual world).
1. Mega post siya ng picture ng sosyalang food na healthy-healthy-han. Mas ingles, mahirap i-spell at bigkasin ang word ay mas sosyal.
2. Bonggang papicpicture with gym buddies or yoga acquaintances. Lalagyan ng caption na "Met friends from Forbes or Makati." Or kahit wala namang picture with a celebrity, sasabihing "Here at Gold's Gym. Saw Xian Lim." (Sample lang yan, wag mag-aklas!)
3. Laging pasiklab sa check-in sa Fitness First or Gold's Gym.
4. May exhibition ng branded na gamit sa pagpapayat. Bought this from overseas or kung local man eh dapat sa The Fort or Rockwell ang peg.
5. May I mention lagi ng "trainer" at sasabihin pa ang mga areas na need to improve as per trainer's instruction. Puros trainer, trainer, trainer!
6. May I show sa FB or social media sites ang mamahaling pagpapayat such as oatmeal cookie, slimming tea, etc. So kailangan talagang ipakita na "pricey" ang magpapayat?
7. Kailangan mag-share ng information na nabasa sa sosyalang magazine. At mas bongga kung taglish, "Like, I basa this article sa magazine this umaga....blah, blah, blah!"
8. Di lang abs or katawan ang ipinapakita sa picture. Siempre kailangan naka-instagram at iPhone!
9. Kailangan "Dude" or "Sis" and gamit na words to address gym buddies. Di puedeng "pare" or "mare' kasi baka pagkamalang kung saan lang nakatira.
10. Tumatambay at pag tinanong kung di pa uuwi, sasabihin, "I have to wait for Dad. Susunduin niya ako." Eh yung Dad eh puede namang tatay na nakakaawa dahil nagkakandakuba pumasada ng taxi.
11. Kailangan updated ang FB with sosyalang shops na binisita (kahit di bumili) that sell gym clothing or equipment.
12. Di nakakalimutang magpost ng sosyalang pre-gym drink and after workout drink. Mas bongga pa at naka-sip sa juice ang picture.
13. It's about running or workout ang shoutout pero ang image ay sosyalang rubber shoes or gym bag.
14. Kailangan after workout eh next shout out ay "Chillin here in Podium or Greenbelt." Di ba puedeng "pahinga sa bahay habang kinukulit ni bantay (yung aso)?"
15. May I showcase ng fitness videos na nabili ang copy either shipped from overseas. Di puedeng local stars lang ang nasa video.
Come to think of it. Wala namang masama sa pagpapayat. Pero to "make yabang" and establish na "mahal ang magpapayat" is annoying. Usapin pa rin ng class.
I still believe in the saying, "pag gusto maraming paraan; pag ayaw ay maraming dahilan." It's not really an excuse that you don't have time and money to loose weight. Truth is, you have have to make time! For financial concern, work on your budget and be resourceful. Di na ako nag-gym pa. Jogging, taichi and stretching, okay na. Isa pa, with loads of information online, you can never miss any information. Techniques are clicks away!
I tell you, do the "Banana diet" and you'll see the difference. Yan ang self-made fitness program ko eh. Basta whenever I feel hungry, kain ng saging. And at night, I always have boiled bananas. That's it.
So, happy pagpapayat peeps!
On to my 12th day! Wohoo!