Wednesday, October 31, 2012

SOUVENIR SHOPPING IN KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA

Since I was on a tight budget when I went to Malaysia last September, my priority is to really spend my Ringgits in souvenirs that are local, cheap yet fab. With a limited budget in mind, I checked on my options.

In my recent trip, I visited four places to do my pasalubong shopping. Basically my first stop was Bukit Bintang as lots of shops sell souvenir items. It’s in there that I purchased my ref magnets and key chains at a cheap price.

Surprisingly, there are lots of shops to visit in KL, which you can  walk away with great finds!



The other three shops are as follows: Chinatown, The Arch (KL Gallery), and my newly-discovered Beryl’s Chocolate Kingdom. Among these three, it’s in the Chocolate Kingdom that I spent the most. I was uncontrollable in purchasing chocolates. Dala ng gutom o katakawan,  I ended up buying lots of chocolates for my family as I was heading back to the Philippines in October.

Ref magnets and table display at Bukit Bintang!

Key Chains!
Meanwhile, I also got some souvenirs in Melaka. I bought a shirt for myself and some ref magnets and wallets.



Chinatown, Petaling Street

Chinatown in Petaling Street is one of the best places to shop; that’s what I heard from my friends and what I read in blogs. Apparently, I didn't know that most shops open at a later time in the morning.

Shirts Galore!


Dimsum galore!


Since I was there at around 8 am to have my breakfast, I didn't have much options to check and shop. Positively, there’s one shop which sells T-shirts. There, I got my souvenir shirts.
Para sa pamilya!

Central Market

The central market, which is near Chinatown, is a must-visit for shoppers in KL. I just passed by in the Central Market as I was rushing to check out KL’s Gallery. I guess, you have to visit this to delight your shopper’s drive. You can get a wide range of souvenirs and cool items at the Central Market for a cheaper price. You can try haggling as well.

The Arch, KL Gallery

The Arch in KL Gallery is one of clean, posh and spacious souvenir shop that I visited in KL. Obviously, it caters to foreigners who are up to spend on unique souvenirs in Malaysia. Unique? They offer a wide range of paper products as souvenirs – ref magnets, key chains, bookmarks, frames, notebooks, and a lot more.







I love KL souvenirs!






Informative Panels


Informative Panels!

What I love about The Arch is that they show how some souvenirs are made.


Notebook and cute bookmarks!

The Arch is located at:

No. 27, Jalan Raja, Dataran Merdeka, Kuala Lumpur
It’s housed in KL Gallery in Merdeka Square

Beryl’s Chocolate Kingdom

Apart from buying ref magnets and shirts for my family, one of the things that I enjoyed buying as a souvenir or pasalubong for my family is a variety of chocolates from Malaysia. Who wouldn’t thought that there’s a chocolate gallery, just a few blocks behind KL Pavillion called Beryl’s Chocolate Kingdom.

I found out about Beryl’s Chocolate Gallery via online research. I was fixing my itinerary when a blog about the chocolate kingdom popped out in one of my online research session about Malaysia. Having read the information in that blog, I got hooked and promised myself to visit the perky hub.

When I reached KL Pavillion’s area, I walked around and asked where Chocolate Kingdom is located. Apparently, none knew about the place. Positively, with a complete address in my notes, I was able to track the street where the Kingdom is located.

I was lucky in searching for the chocolate gallery as a guy was on stand-by in the street’s corner to assist customers like yours truly. Upon asking him where’s the gallery, he immediately assisted.

The Chocolate gallery was packed with customers when I reached it. Buses were parked and a lot of customers were either buying chocolates.


Inside the chocolate gallery, shelves of a wide variety of chocolates are on parade. “Wow!” that’s my initial reaction as I was so amazed to see bonggang bonggang  packs of different chocolates. From fruit flavoured, tiramisu, black and white chocolates, and a lot more, I thought that everything’s there.










So after checking out the chocolates, I got mine. I had: two boxes of Chestnut Chocolates, One Tiramisu almond, One Strawberry white chocolate, Truffles milk chocolate, and Two boxes of Durian White Chocolates. In total, I paid RM202 for my chocolate shopping spree.
Durian!


Truffles and Almond!


Yummy nito!


Buy 2 and get 1 free!


Strawberry!

So if you wish to visit Beryl’s Chocolate Kingdom, check out the address:

Beryl’s Chocolate Kingdom
Located at Jalan Kamuning
Off Jalan Imbi, 55100, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

It’s behind KL Pavillion but you have to walk a few blocks away.

Special Thanks:

I would like to extend my warmest and bonggang bonggang Thank you to Riz of Lamyerda and her friends for meeting me in Kuala Lumpur. I enjoyed hanging out with everyone especially on food tripping, long walks, window shopping, and lots of storytelling.

Riz beside me and her friends!


Me and the oily me! lol
Please do visit her blog at Lamyerda!

Also, thank you to Anton of Pusangkalye for referring Riz. My meet-up with Riz wouldn’t be possible without you. Visit his blog as well.

Thank you to all my blogger friends. We’re making the world a small and connected sanctuary! It’s a big help.

14 comments:

  1. hi!! thanks po for blogging about your malaysia trip.. ask ko lang po magkano yung mga ref magnets, key chains and tshirts?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nath! Thanks for dropping by and reading my blog entry. I can;t remember the price but I think its 3 for 10Ringgit (key chains and magnets), then 15 Riggit per shirt. =)

      Delete
  2. hi! very nice blog... I just want to know how much is the bookmark in the Arch? Also, the miniature Petronas Tower? thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amallari, I can't remember. If I'm not mistaken, the bookmark is around 2 ringgit each and the miniature Petronas is 10 ringgit.

      Delete
  3. Hello !! very detailed blog, the pictures really helped. I wanted to know did you purchase any perfumes, hand bags or body washes ?? if yes, kindly tell me the prices..thank you..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh, I didn't purchase any of those. I shopped for chocolates, shirts and key chains. =)

      Delete
    2. how much yung choclates?

      Delete
    3. I can't remember the prices. I guess it's around 25 to 50 ringgit. =)

      Delete
  4. hello.. :) i will visit malaysia next month, i was exploring online to know what should i get for my family and friends, you've got a lot of souvenirs, it helps me to think what should i buy..may i ask how much is your budget to buy all of those souvenirs, or how much do you spent to buy those souvenirs? because i don't have that much money.. thanks a lot for your response. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello.. :) i will visit malaysia next month, i was exploring online to know what should i get for my family and friends, you've got a lot of souvenirs, it helps me to think what should i buy..may i ask how much is your budget to buy all of those souvenirs, or how much do you spent to buy those souvenirs? because i don't have that much money.. thanks a lot for your response. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can buy key chains and other items. They're cheap in the market!

      Delete
  6. Thanks Earvs for the blog. Helpful for me. I'm on tight budget too traveling next week. Cheapest souvenir shops is in Bukit Bintang Area? thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Go to Bukit Bintang. Lots of choices and you can bargain too!!!!

      Delete
  7. Where can you buy the cheapest souvenir key chains & t shirts in kuala lumpur?

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis